Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mrs. Palfrey and the Queen Mary

We went to see "Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont" in a poorly run art house in the U District. They seemed to have trouble with the sound system. During one preview, there was no sound at all. During the feature, the sound went out momentarily, twice. Never the less, we enjoyed the show. C was crying at the end.

Since we went to a matinee, we were ready for lunch afterward. I suggested we see if "The Queen Mary Tea Room" was still serving. They were, and we had a nice lunch. As the owner took us to the table, I balked as I looked around and saw no other men. Mary, the owner said "you'll be the most handsom man here." OK.

As we finished, the waitress, very cute, asked if we'd like desert. C said no, but I asked what was on the menu. She recited everything, then giggled when I said I didn't want anything, just wanted to hear her tell us. Mary, also cute, came to our table and said "I hear you made my waitress recite our dessert menu and you didn't order anything." I confessed I had. As we were leaving, I caught our waitress and said, "You tattled on me." She laughed and said it's OK, Mary likes you two very much. She hugged me as we went out the door.

That was a good day.

No comments: