Monday, August 21, 2006

My Geek Resume'



I'm the official office computer wizard, a "Computer Focal." How that came to be is a long story which I'll spare you. It's not my real job. I've been doing it so long that I inadvertently acquired "God Mode" admin privileges. I only use my powers for good, but don't think I won't use them! About fifty people come to me first when something doesn't work with their computer. As a result, I see lots of problems. Most of them I can fix, especially if I've watched the real helpdesk fix that problem before.

I was shocked to realize that I have six computers in my home, four WinXP and two Mac OSX machines. That doesn't count a Palm T2 and an iPaq PocketPC. They all work, and they all talk to each other on my secured home network.

Not bad for an autodidact computer geek.

No comments: